CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Recovering

Phew! Recovering from Becka's birthday party is taking longer than I thought! lol! We had a great time on Saturday. I have a few of the pictures up on my dropshots page if you want to see.

Wanna hear what we did? If not, stop reading now! :)

First, they came to Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station and presented their train ticket to board the Hogwarts Express. Once inside, they were sorted into houses using the sorting hat. After that, they were each given the password to tell to the pink lady portrait so that they could enter into the Gryffindor common room. Once in there, they played a game of Harry Potter Scene It. When that was done, we went to Olivander's wand shop and everyone got a magic wand. Next, it was time for classes. First class was Potions, where Professor Snape (Steve) demonstrated two cool "potions" and they each got to make their own potion. The ingredients available to them were: Mandrake Teeth (chopped nuts), Bloodworms (gummy worms), Dried Spider Silk (coconut), Troll Dandruff (powdered sugar), Blast-Ended Skrewt Toenails (pop rocks), Dragon Tears (green koolaid), Hippogriff Brain (crushed pineapple), Bowtruckle Droppings (raisins), Bat's Blood (red koolaid) and Essence of Plumeria (purple koolaid). After they made their potions, they each got graded and told that in order to pass that day's class, they had to drink at least half of their potion and stay alive. Hee hee hee! After Potions they went to Muggle Studies where they learned about hobbies that muggles had, and tried out a muggle hobby called "crafts" by making a golden snitch necklace without magic. Finally, they met in the Divination Tower (top of the playground) and had a test to see if they were possessed of the "inner-eye." They had to taste 10 jelly beans and guess what flavor each one was. Following that, we had cake/ice cream and presents. At the end, they played "Quidditch." It really ended up being more like broom hockey, but was still fun! They hit a ball around the backyard with brooms and tried to make goals. Jake acted as the bludger, he ran around trying to knock the ball away from everyone, and Ang, Mom and I threw around a small ball to be the golden snitch. After that was done, I just let them play outside, and such until parents came to get them. In their goody bags, I gave them each a cool Hogwarts Journal (Mom found them), a package of "Droobles Best Blowing Gum," "Fizzing Whizbees" (pop rocks), chocolate frogs and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans.

I lay on the couch most of the rest of the evening. I was so tired! I couldn't have done it without Steve, my mom and Angie there to help me. It was a blast, and the girls seemed to be enjoying themselves. I just don't think I will be doing anything that involved for a long time! I figure that she doesn't get a friend party every year, and 10 is an extra special birthday year. Jake wants a Star Wars birthday party this time...what kind of precedence have I set for myself?????

1 comments:

The Babkm5 said...

Sounds like it was a every eventful day! I would never be able to pull off anything like that. I sounds like Becca had a pretty great birthday. Just don't tell Bryce about any of the themed parties or I will get stuck having to plan one..hee hee!