CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A trip to the zoo
















Yesterday, Rachie and I went to the zoo together, just the two of us! It was lots of fun to just do our own thing and look at whatever we wanted without worrying about hurrying along or keeping up with the big kids. I bought a zoo pass in February, and this was only the second time we have used it. I think we will go a lot more often now. I like it a lot. No rushing through, making sure we get to see everything so that we get out money's worth (adults are $9.75 and kids are $6.75). In fact, we didn't even go and see the "African" animals. Just played around wherever Rachie chose. She loved the sandbox, until some kid came over and dumped a shovel full of sand on her head. She was so excited to tell Daddy all about the "aminals" when he got home from work. She told him that the "pwenguins" are her favorite and she also liked the monkeys and playground. We got there a few minutes before it opened, so for the first couple of hours, it felt like we had the whole zoo to ourselves. Our hands got pretty cold, next time I will bring gloves to wear, but other than that, we had a blast!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

What fun memories!

big_smartmouth said...

rachel is going to remember this trip with just her and her mom for a long time. good for you for making these memories for her. oh, and don't you just love the zoo?! it was only this last year that i went for the first time with any kids! who knew 3 adults could have so much fun at the zoo together?

The Babkm5 said...

I love the zoo, Rachie & Elmo too!!