Yesterday was a bad day. I was still hanging on to my headache, Becka was grouchy at me before school, Rachel wanted to be on top of me constantly. I decided to shampoo the family room carpet. Got all the furniture moved, everything vacuumed nicely, sprayed the pre-treat stuff on the stains (Rach had gotten pink marker on the floor when it rubbed off of her coloring book), hauled the steam cleaner in from the garage. I started with the cleanest areas first and about halfway through, the belt broke. So basically I was spraying water onto the carpet and sucking it back up. No bristles or brushing. UGH! At that point I realized I had forgotten to send something to school with Jake that was due that day, so I took Rachie and went to drop it off. After that, I decided to be bad and I took her to Applebee's for lunch. The service was so slow and I was not impressed! Rachie really wanted some ice cream, so I got her a $1.00 sundae at the McDonald's drive through on our way home. She spilled that all over her dress in the van. We got home and I put her down for her nap, and fell asleep on the couch myself. The big kids got home and were grumping at one another. Becka turned on the TV and we realized that something was wrong with the picture, so I got grumped at for that also. Steve came home and immediately went to work, trying to fix the TV. I felt bad for him. He has been so stressed about work lately and now he has a broken TV to try and fix. I finally got dinner on the table around 7ish (meatloaf, mashed taters and gravy, green beans), only to hear Becka complain about how she hates meat. Gah! At 7:45 I left for my meeting and finally had a little bit of peace and quiet.
But, today was much better. Rachie and I skipped storytime and just hung out together all morning. We wore our jammies until after naptime! We read books and cleaned the kitchen and made muffins (see my 365 blog about those!) and ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. It was nice to have nothing to do and nowhere to be. I need some more days like today!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
I LOVE jammie days! We have them here too. They are especially good after the bad days too. I am sorry for the bad day. When it rains, it pours huh!
Post a Comment