Well, today is the kids' first day back at school after winter break. Phew! It is nice. I had to take Rach to the doc this morning because for about 2 months, she has had a wart on the bottom of her big toe and has recently started saying it hurts. So, Jake was a bit late for school. He wasn't a happy camper about that. :)
I went to Melissa's house for an Advocare mixer on Saturday night. I wasn't expecting to care at all, I really only went because we were planning on scrapping afterwards. The people who did the presentation were really good. Better than Jason and Cat or Brian and Stacy were when they were trying to get me into Advocare. I can see why people would want to do it. I just don't have the extra money to buy the stuff. I would love to try some of it out and see if it actually works for me. I was surprised that I wasn't completely bored the whole time.
When we scrapped, I did get one of my calendars almost finished. I only have to reprint the May pic (I gleeked on it by accident and when I wiped it, the color came off, ugh) and then fill in the dates. I am hoping to finish the other 3 calendars by this weekend so I can get them to my grandparents, in laws and mom asap. I digiscrapped the pages and had Costco print them up in an 8x8 size (the calendars are 8.5x11). They look really good. Was a bit spendy, since I was printing so many at one time, but if I need printing done again, I will use them.
Tonight is Family Home Evening. I am going to do a lesson about making better choices in our lives, and mainly focus on good eating and exercise habits. I am planning on using the Word of Wisdom as my guide. Hopefully I can find some interesting activities and a way to make it fun for the kids, especially Jakey. I want to make some family goals and plans together too. Have to pull out my old Primary stuff. Good thing I never throw anythign away, right?
Rachie is supposed to be napping, but I can hear her singing. I hope she sleeps. She hasn't been doing so well in the napping/sleeping dept. lately. I am telling you, that girl is my most challenging child so far. At least as a toddler. She is into EVERYTHING. When I am cleaning up one mess, she is off making another one. This morning, I left her in the tub for about 2 minutes while I helped Jakey with a computer game. When I returned, she was out of the tub and the bathroom floor had about 1/2 inch of water covering it. The bath mat was soaked and she was bouncing on it, laughing at the splashes it made. I used about 7 towels mopping it up! I guess it is ok though, because it saved me from having to mop the floor, right? I knew that my other two were really good toddlers, neither one of them ever really did anything super naughty (well, with the exception of Jake and the furniture marker at my mom's house). I was lucky! Rachie is a busybody!
OK, enough procrastinating. I am off to wash some clothes!









0 comments:
Post a Comment