CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stupid mice

So, when I was pregnant with Rachie (4 years ago), we had mice get into our kitchen because the garbage can was under the sink. It took a few weeks to get rid of them all, and Steve patched up all the places he thought they may have come in from. The other day I saw that the bag of birdseed I have had under our kitchen sink for at least 2 years had been nibbled on. I didn't think much of it, because I haven't seen any signs of mice, I cleaned it up and figured it must have been a one time thing. Not so lucky. Just now I was downstairs watching TV and I could hear something rustling around in the kitchen. It sounds like it is behind the fridge, which means that either there is a hole somewhere back there or it came out from under the sink. I told Steve and he says he will set traps tomorrow. I am freaking out because that means I have to sit here all day knowing I have a mouse in my kitchen. GROSS!!! I didn't think that mice liked birdseed. I never would have kept it under there if I had known. I am tempted to find some sort of food and put it OUTSIDE so maybe the dumb mouse will stay out there instead of coming in my house. All I can say is that Steve better find and fill any place that looks like a hole a mouse might be able to get in through or I am calling a professional to come and take care of it.

3 comments:

Kenner Family said...

Oh I am sorry you have mice, yuck. Maybe go and do things outside like window shopping until steve gets home. I hated when we had mice at our apartment when we were first married. Yuck. Love ya.

Kerry said...

Eeeekkk! I would be of no help to you-rather I would be the one on the kitchen counter screeching "get it!" I really, REALLY hope y'all are able to get it out of your house quickly and easily!
Last week I was working on our fence with Chris and I felt something on my foot. I thought it was a big clump of dirt and went to brush it off. It was a BIG spider. I jumped up and ran around the yard squealing frantically. Chris had to be torn between concern as to why I was doing that and busting out laughing as I am sure it was quite a sight. So, while I can't help-I am most definately sending a hug your way!

The Babkm5 said...

wow, that is crazy! I think I am like Kerry I would be scared too!